Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Hallmark 1996 Woodland Santa Pressed Tin Ornament


While going through images of Santa ornaments I took last year, I came across these images of a Hallmark pressed tin Santa.

I remember many years ago being led to believe that Hallmark ornaments were considered "collectible" and somehow their worth would increase over the years.
Not necessary so.

In fact, I no longer purchase Hallmark items nor do I rarely shop in their stores. It, like most of all retail stores, is packed with merchandise mass produced in China.

Still, if I find Hallmark Santas at garage sales or thrift shops that I like, I might pick it up at a low price.
When deciding which Santas to edit out, I checked the going price of this one on eBay.  At a typical price of less than five dollars, this one was worth more in my collection than letting go for such a meager price.
So, for now, he's a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment