Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Finding New Homes for Favorite Santas

One of the hardest things I have to do in sorting through my Santas is to let go of some of my artist's originals.

This particular Santa was featured in on of my previous Countdown to Christmas 47 Days...

Basically, I took a Santa figure that I believe is an original even though it is not signed or has a maker's mark of any kind, and I have added a few more goodies to his already crafty load.



























He has the sweetest sculpted face and his beard, made from lambs hair, adds to his unique, one-of-a-kind appearance.



He wears coat of tiny quilted squares embellished with tiny gold-toned beads.


The very detailed bag of oranges were already part of this Santa's haul, but I added the goose ornament meant to look like a box. Unfortunately, it is an older ornament and the decoupaged lid is a slightly delaminated. 


I added the vintage white reindeer to his wreath.


I added the vintage chenille Santa because he just looked so perfect with this Santa.

One of the reason's I believe this is an artist original is because of this belt. It is actually a watch band. I don't believe you'd find that sort of detail on a mass produced figure.

At one point (in the previous blog post) I had a small snowman ornament sitting on his stand but I decided it looked too crowded...imagine that!

So, now I am selling him on eBay to make room in my china cabinet.

He will be missed, but I have this post to remember him by.





No comments:

Post a Comment